Mrs Jessup (not his real name) the old pervert next door just came over to ask if we could feed his cat while he goes to Sydney for an appointment. We asked him to water our outside plants when we went on our cruise, he said he would but he didn't, our cat lady did it for us bless her, we paid her extra when we got back. If it wasn't a cat I'd tell him to shove it. I was listening to the conversation through the ring doorbell. He told Phill where the key was and just had to say there wasn't anything worth stealing in his crappy little houso bedsit. What??? At least I can have a few days of him not watching out his window every time I go out into the back yard. Also Phill can go feed the cat, I'll hose him down when he comes back before he comes into the house.
The weather is warming up slowly, as it does every year, then BOOM we get the hot weather overnight it seems. I am reluctant to buy our Summer vegie seedlings for the garden, I am doing eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and corn. I let the garden lie fallow for most of Winter. Raked through some compost and I will go out and dig it again in readiness for our Summer crops.
The railway bridge (80 years old) which is spitting distance from our house (I don't spit) is being demolished to build a new one to accommodate higher trains. Or something. Most of the town is not happy about it, I could care less, there is nothing I can do about it. However a lady came to our door yesterday offering us either three nights in a motel, because of the noise of them pulling down the old bridge, or a voucher for something or other. Obviously I chose the motel option, hopefully the bathroom guy who has a LOT of our money will be here during that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind comments always welcome.