Our next door neighbours have lived there for about three years and for the whole time they have been very, very noisy. Firstly there were two girls sharing, I think they had little kids, I know the one who is still there (noisily) has a little boy. One of the girls moved out, she probably went deaf I don't know, I'm not a doctor. Then, and I shall call her "Old Yeller", moved her parents in. Father parked his caravan right in front of our side fence on the access road which blocked our vision across the street to the train line. She then proceeded to have, very loud, fights with the father, who was also a yeller. I think they had the mother in a cupboard or something because we never saw or heard from her except for once when they asked if they could have some oranges off our tree for her which we willingly gave and told them they could take what they wanted as it is against their fence. One memorable night she had a huge blow up with the father and threw all his stuff out on the front yard. He decamped but seemed to come back intermittently. I have tried to be kind, patient and tolerant but last night they were at it until at least 1am when I finally fell asleep (Phill is away). I have contacted their dodgy real estate (they rent) who didn't give a rats. This particular real estate used to rent us houses without telling us they were for sale and then turf us out. Rumours of nefarious dealings there but that's another story. (We didn't buy our house through them).
They seem to have dogs (lots of them barking through the night last night but it's not their fault). And Old Yeller screams at them and probably kicks them but we have no proof of that, poor little things.
So tomorrow I will start getting the ball rolling by phoning the council and finding out what I can do. This is not a police matter as they no longer play loud music all night (they have done that but we never called the police) and it's an ongoing problem, also the cops have way better things to do. If we were renting we were entitled to "quiet enjoyment" of our home according to the terms of our lease but I guess as homeowners we don't have that right. I am keeping a written record of the disturbances and if I have to I will record them. I really don't want to be THAT neighbour but this is just getting out of hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind comments always welcome.